Advanced Valuation Programme
From advanced theory to cutting-edge practice
Whether they are seasoned M&A advisors or C-suite executives, even the most experienced professionals need new insights. This is particularly true in the areas of valuation, investment decision-making and corporate strategy, where it is all too tempting to slip into simple mechanical processes without asking 'why?' Indeed the failure to ask the right questions may explain why so many investments and acquisitions result in the destruction – rather than creation – of value. Regardless of economic conditions all managers need to be able to assess and differentiate the value of a decision from the cost of the decision – in order to win in a competitive environment and survive in the long-term.
This is what we address in the Advanced Valuation Programme, and it begins with the conceptual foundations ('fundamentals') of valuation to explain the 'why' rather than the 'what' about valuation.
In the Advanced Valuation Programme, experienced participants for whom valuation is a central part of their work are exposed to a conceptually challenging curriculum, exploring both the theoretical basis and practical application of all major elements of discounted cash flow valuation. You learn to differentiate between long-term value-creating strategies and short-term indicators, such as share price, earnings per share, market share, revenue growth, increased profit and customer satisfaction. Above all, you learn to ask the questions that will build value for the future.
- Learn how to distinguish value creation from value destruction in order to ensure long-term competitive success and survival
- Deepen your understanding of the 'why we do it that way' behind the valuation concepts you practise daily
- Develop the ability to handle cross-border, emerging-market and other complicated valuations
- Question common practices and identify common mistakes and misunderstandings
CFA Institute CE Qualified Activity
As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Programme, INSEAD has determined that this programme qualifies for 24 credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, credit for your participation in this programme will be automatically recorded in your CE tracking tool.
View our leaflet to find out more about the agreement with the CFA Institute.
Attend this Finance programme in Paris
INSEAD's new Advanced Valuation Programme will take place in the prestigious Châteauform in Paris, one of the world's leading business and cultural centres, from 27 - 29 March 2014.
A view from INSEAD on:
- Value based management
- Company valuation methods
- Getting to the Bottom of Value Creation and the Difference Between Price and Value: A Participant's View of INSEAD's Advanced Valuation Programme